May 3, 2011

Capturing the Moment

How I wish for a way to instantly capture those priceless and fleeting moments that vanish the instant you reach for a camera.

There is no way that anyone else can now appreciate the precious view I had as I looked out the front door over the expanse of Grammy's deep green lawn to see my darkly red-headed boy in a long-sleeved white t-shirt and orange track pants darting furiously here and there as he followed a little yellow butterfly in an attempt to hold it for even a minute.

Maybe by writing it down I will be able to recall it in years to come, if I close my eyes tight and try hard to imagine that lean little body that will have been transformed seemingly overnight...

It all goes so fast - every bit of it. I'm trying to capture each moment. But they slip away without warning.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, my friend, and true. I'm grateful to be able to capture a few moments on video... without that, I know I'd be doomed! I can't even remember my kids' sweet words and moments at the end of the day, much less after years go by!

    ReplyDelete